- Location:The Melton Centre for Jewish EducationWed, 17/10/2012 - 12:25Dr. Shlomo Fischer teaches sociology in Tel Aviv University and in the School of Education at Hebrew University. He was awarded his PhD degree in 2007 from the Hebrew University of Jerusalem. His research interests include the nexus of religion, politics and class in Israel, contemporary religion and Jewish historical sociology.
- Location:The Melton Centre for Jewish EducationWed, 21/03/2012 - 12:25
Janice W. Fernheimer is Assistant Professor of Writing, Rhetoric, and Digital Media at the University of Kentucky (UK), where she teaches courses in rhetoric, technology, and pedagogy; digital writing; and Jewish rhetorical studies.
- Location:The Melton Centre for Jewish EducationWed, 11/01/2012 - 12:20Prof. Patricia M. Greenfield is Distinguished Professor of Psychology at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), one of the founders of the Bridging Cultures Project, and founding director of the FPR-UCLA Center for Culture, Brain, and Development.
- Location:The Melton Centre for Jewish EducationWed, 04/01/2012 - 12:20Prof. Leonard SaxeLeonard Saxe is Klutznick Professor of Contemporary Jewish Studies and directs the Cohen Center for Modern Jewish Studies and the Steinhardt Social Research Institute at Brandeis University. Professor Saxe is a social psychologist, as well as a methodologist, and is concerned with the application of social science to social policy issues. His present focus is on religious and ethnic identity and specifically addresses issues relevant to the Jewish community.
- Location:The Melton Centre for Jewish EducationWed, 26/10/2011 - 12:15
Dr. Rina Rosenberg - "Head? No, Neck? Maybe: The Development of Faith Concepts in Jewish Israeli Children Adolescents (Religious and non-religious)."
Prof. Michael Karayanni - "The Multicultural Predicament: The Special Case of the Arab Minority in Israel"
- Location:The Melton Centre for Jewish EducationSun, 29/05/2011 - 12:05Professor Marc Hirshman (Hebrew University): "A house of prayer for all peoples" in Rabbinic Thought.
- Professor Benjamin Gampel (Jewish Theological Seminary): The Construction of Insider and Outsider in Medieval Ashkenaz and Sepharad.
- Professor Robin Judd (Ohio State University): Neither "In" nor "Out": Jewish War-brides and integration narratives, 1945-1950.
- Location:The Melton Centre for Jewish EducationWed, 04/05/2011 - 12:00
- Location:The Melton Centre for Jewish EducationWed, 13/04/2011 - 12:00Departmental Seminar led by Dr. Howard Deitcher and Dr. Alex Pomsonon the topic of:"What do American Jewish youth really think about Israel?"A discussion was held following a screening of video interviews with students in American Jewish high schools.
- Location:The Melton Centre for Jewish EducationWed, 09/03/2011 - 00:00 to 13:30Dr. Julia Eksner (Post Doctorant Fellow from Berlin)This talk presents an analysis of the local meaning system embedding the educationalgoals of a group of German Turkish youths characterized by few structuralopportunities. It describes and scrutinizes the curious case of youths who findthemselves in the lowest track of the German education system and who do not selecteducational goals considered appropriate to their tracking. Education researchers – in
- Location:The Melton Centre for Jewish EducationWed, 15/09/2010 - 17:00 to 18:00Special Screening of “The Peretzniks”The Centre had the opportunity to welcome back Katka Reszke, who a few years ago completed her doctorate with us on the identity of young Polish Jews. She was in Israel in her role as assistant director and editor of the documentary “The Peretzniks” together with the director Slawomir Grunberg. The film was screened at the Jerusalem Jewish Film Festival.